David Efflandt

On 25 Feb 2005 13:38:58 -0800, balboni wrote:
I live on the north side of Chicago and want to put an outdoor TV
antenna on my roof. In Chicago, most of the TV signals come from one
of two buildings downtown, the John Hancock Center and the Sears Tower.
I am between 6 and 7 miles from each of these buildings. The Sears
Tower lies 30 degrees east of directly south of me (or at 150 degrees
on a compass) and the John Hancock Center lies approximately 42 degrees
east of directly south of me (or 138 degrees on a compass)...

Where I grew up in Milwaukee about 7 miles from the transmitters we used
rabbit ears in the attic. Not sure if you are in a home or a solid
building that may block signals, but you might try an indoor antenna in a
window or omni-directional antenna first.

I get all the Chicago NTSC and digital channels (except CBS NTSC 2,
digital 3) from Elgin (37 miles) with Zenith Silver Sensor indoor antenna
(boosted by pre-amp) on 2nd floor closet shelf.