The Natural Philosopher

Dave wrote:

Some one I know, super glued something to his car dash board. He had
tried double sided sticky pads, but from what he tells me, I suspect a
coat of wax polish or similar made the bond fail.

He then asked me what to use to get rid of the glue. I advised him that
I would put this question to this group, but before I got back to my
keyboard, some one else has advised him to use nail varnish remover.

Because of the acetone, you can imagine the mess. So now to my question...

What can he do to the dash to limit the damage and colour change?
Also, what should he have used in the first place? If anything.

By the way, the car is made by one of the top 2 French companies and the
dash is a dark grey in colour, though I didn't take much notice of the
make at the time.

Dave

Ther are only two chemicals known to remiove CA and they are acetone and
nirtomethane.

Both are aggressive solvents.

The dash is buggered.