Stephen Sank

Just worked on an oms5ii last night & refreshed my memory. Two additional things- On both
large boards, chisel off all of the damn brown glue on both sides of each board. None of that
glue was needed in the first place, and it may be corroding stuff by now, and is most certainly
conductive. Secondly, resolder all cracked & suspect connections. Found a great number of
cracked joints on the servo board of this one.

--
Stephen Sank, Owner & Ribbon Mic Restorer
Talking Dog Transducer Company
"salim sm" wrote in message
om...
Hey, when the going gets tough, the tough goes to
sci.electronics.repair to find Master Wong. =)

Thanks for the help and hope all is well with you !

Best regards,
Salim SM

"Stephen Sank" wrote in message ...
Oh, that was you, Salim. I thought so, but your email didn't look familiar. Yes, thanks

for
the Enigma cd, which was a nice surprise in the mail. Like it very much.
Always good measure to give the platter motor a shot of silicone spray lub, while you're in

the
OMS.