jim rozen

In article , Ed Huntress says...

No, no. the interelectrode distance is much too great for there to be much
capacitance.

Watch out ed, I have a capacitence meter and I know
how to use it!

You have your choice of vehicles to measure, a '93 toyota
2-wheel drive short bed pickup, or an 84 toyota camry.
Take your pick.

My guess is that the whole system is functioning as an unbalanced dipole.
I'll see if I can find anything on it later tonight. I don't recall any
discussions about it in the various ARRL handbooks.

The term 'unbalanced dipole' fits this pretty well I think.

Jim

please reply to: