DoN. Nichols

In article , ATP* wrote:

"Jon Elson" wrote in message
servers.com...

[ ... ]

I've got a 1 HP 1J head. It seems to be PLENTY of power for me!

[ ... ]

Probably a marketing thing. It seems like manufacturers have been boosting
the HP of the motors without changing anything else.

Well ... part of it is that I believe that the 1HP 1J head is
step pulleys which you change by hand. The 2J which I have has the
continuously variable speed pulley assembly, and I believe that those
are rather inefficient, so you need more horsepower to do the same task.

And the Series II, I think, has a larger spindle, so it needs
more torque and HP to drive larger cutters.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564