Charlie Self wrote:
Nate Perkins notes:

Lotsa snipping going on here.

"In fact this is the thesis that is spelled out, in those terms,

right
in
the beginning. This is a speech that is primarily about Iraqi WMDs

and

terror -- which is the point you claim I lied about. (oh, gee, I

used
that word "primarily" again) "

Well, someone lied, that's for su I was one of the 70% or so that
believed that little rooster, Bush. It was the last time. The old

"Fool
me once" syndrome.

.... and we won't be fooled again.

All the way up until the fall of Baghdad I was very concerned
that there would be a chemical weapons attack on our troops.
I wondered, had Saddam Hussein successfully hidden weapons
from UNMOVIC until the weather forced the US to invade based
on better intel the Bush Administration had, for security
reasons, been unwilling to reveal even to UNMOVIC?

But after that I had to consider, if Saddam Hussein had not
yet used chemical weapons, why not? Surely he wasn't saving
them for the next war.

Fat lot of good they'd do him in Syria, too.

--

FF