axolotl

Jerry Martes wrote:

You probably got a mixture of messages while reading these posts.

Yes, I should should identify the OP by other than "OP". As far as I can
tell from the thread path the original statement was by a "Steve W." I
am agreeing with you, although I am doing a lousy job of it.

But, I have no quarrel with anyone who wants to theorize that a
1/100th wave long conductor is a "ground plane". That terminology just
doesnt fit with my knowledge.

Or mine.

What would you consider the minimum length of a conductor that fits the
definition of "ground plane"?

To me, a "ground plane" is a mythical beast. I usually don't run into
structures performing as a perfect counterpoise.

And I may have screwed up further by asking Bob if he missed the antenna
factory; Bob has worked for Andrew, and his adaptive antenna story is
one I've seen duplicated in other places. I'm guessing from your other
posts that you may have worked for a manufacturer too. If you've
designed anything painted green, I have probably had them bolted on to
something.

My apologies if I somehow gave the impression that you didn't know the
subject at hand.

Kevin Gallimore