SteveB

"RWL" wrote in message

I'm considering getting something with more oomph than a Dremel, that
doesn't slow down when you put pressure on something you're working
on. I'd prefer something portable like the Foredom rather than a flex
shaft for my drill press.

This is strictly for occasional hobby use, not for daily commercial
operation, but I don't like using junk that's going to break either.

I haven't done any real shopping yet other than to note that Harbor
Freight had a flexible shaft rotary grinder that looks like a Foredom
grinder. Anybody have one of these and can give me your impressions?

Do you notice much difference in power when using an 1/8th HP Foredom
vs the 1/4 HP models?

I recall that there are attachment handles for Foredom tools, like
handles for checkering gunstocks, and other things like that, that I
assume are interchangeable with all Foredom tools.

Do the knockoffs accept Foredom accessories (not sure what to call
these - accessory handles?) or do you have to get a real Foredom
grinder to use the accessories?

What should I expect to pay for a Foredom vs a knockoff?

Any other considerations that I haven't asked about?

RWL

You can spend the money and get the real deal that will last probably longer
than you will, or cheap out and get a POS.

Your choice.

Steve