Don Foreman

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 12:28:56 -0600, "Robert Swinney"
wrote:

Nay! Damnspot! Those were railroad (actually Western Union) spaced poles,
30 to the mile.

Don't doubt you, Bob. This was not your mainline railroad, who knows
whose poles they were. There were grade crossings where this RR
crossed a couple of roads, but definitely no gates and I don't even
recall there being lights. We called it the "tryweekly" RR. An
engine and a caboose would crawl down to Hillsdale one week, try to
get back the next. I never did see a real train on it.