WoofWoof

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 08:07:53 -0500, the inscrutable "Waynemak"
spake:

I have both the 4" and 6". Most of the time I use the 4". I have had it for
6 months and its work perfect. I paid $13.99 not to bad. the 4" seems to be
smoother than the 6", I had my brother pick up 2 of the 6" at a one day
sale, $8.99 each.

Some folks reported that the Chiwanese digitals ate batteries like
mad. Have you noticed that at all, Wayne?

I had a 6" for 4 or 5 years that chews up
batteries. Problem is that it never turns off.
There is no "off" switch - the on switch doubles
as a zero reset so can't be used as a toggle. I
can only assume it's supposed to be an auto-off
but doesn't work properly.

In any event, I have a couple of other digital
calipers now, so I converted this one into a small
height gauge and take the battery out when I'm not
using it. (For some reason, I have more luck
remembering it now than when used as calipers).
Having done this once OK though, I might get
another cheap digital (one that works) and convert
it instead.