thanks for all the suggestions..

this is the valve located right underneath the yard faucet facing the
street.. would this kind of stuff usually be covered by home warranty
or no?

Speedy Jim wrote:
wrote:
Hi,

I recently turned off the main water shut off valve outside the

house
to replaced a bad toilet water valve. The main water shut off valve
wouldn't turn off completely but water pressure was reduced quite a
bit.

However, after the job was done, when I turn the main shut off

valve
counter-clockwise to turn the water back on, it seems water

pressure
does not increase, so now I'm stuck with slow running water - it
appears water pressure doesn't change whether I turn the shut off

valve
either direction.

I guess I have a bad main shut off valve? How do I replace the main
shut off valve (globe valve) or is this a job for the

professionals?

Start with a phone call to the water utility. They *may* offer
to do it, or maybe shut off the curb stop for you, or suggest
who would best do the work.

Jim