SteveB

"Harry Everhart" wrote in message
Your prep may take a month but the painting will only take a few hours
with
a good airless. I have an old Binks setup from the mid 80's, still runs
like a champ.

I may not know enough to ask the right questions - but some of the sites
I checked - "airless paint sprayers" seem to have air hoses attached to
them. What am I missing? I have a Sears compressor and a spray gun that
I used to paint a jeep with pretty good success. I though an airless
system would be one like a Wagner with just a power cord.
Harry

Airless is "airless". Your old compressor uses compressed air that is mixed
with a bit of paint at the nozzle, then comes out as a mist of air and
paint.

An airless is a constant spray of liquid. No air mixed in. It is a fine
mist sprayed as a liquid through a small orfice at high pressure. At such a
high pressure, you can cut your finger down to the bone if you put it in
front of the spray. It is a high pressure squirt gun, but instead of a
straight stream, it comes out as a oblong spray pattern.

Hope this helps you understand.

Airless uses no air between the paint bucket and the nozzle. It is liquid
all the way, and at incredibly high pressure.

Steve