chester

Doug Kanter wrote:
"Sexytom976" wrote in message
oups.com...

Now is some funny **** to read. 1000.00 an outlet???

New toilet bowl and wax seal 2000.00????

If a seller would EVER accept this, run from the house because
there are probably more major things wrong on the house than you even
expected.

Funny ****? :-)

Remove outlet, and damage the wall in the process. Whether it's plaster or
sheetrock, you've got at a day's worth of work, if you add up the "spackle,
let it dry, spackle again, let it dry, sand it, paint it, paint it again..."
Now, if you're lucky, the previous owner left you some partial cans of
paint, which were sealed properly, and maybe even labeled as to which room
they belong with. If you're really lucky, maybe you only need to paint the
one wall. But, probably not.

Now, make a hole in the correct place for the NEW outlet. Will it have
access to the same vertical wall cavity as the wire that went to the old
outlet? Murphy's Law says probably not. Pull the wire down into the basement
(if you're lucky). Is it long enough to reach the new box? Probably not.
Deal with that issue in the basement, one way or the other.

Upstairs again: If the wall is plaster, making the hole for the new box will
be interesting. I'm real good with plaster, but I still got some jagged
edges when making holes for outlets. So, more
spackle/wait/spackle/wait/sand/prime/etc.

I don't know what YOUR time is worth, but weekend during
fishing/boating/gardening season is worth $1000.00 to me. :-) And...you KNOW
one project ALWAYS leads to another for some damned reason....

But that is simply ridiculous. You can have that work done substantially
cheaper than $1000/outlet by a professional. Why should I pay for your
time to do the work because you are too cheap to have it done
professionally, and too inexperienced to do it efficiently.

New toilet bowl and wax seal $2000! Again, a professional would not
charge this much, so why should I pay you to do it?

A polygraph? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA

$1000/room to paint? Jesus man where do you live?
Why should I deduct the price of this because your tastes are different
than mine. Go find a different house if you dont like the color and want
me to pay YOU (a ridiculous price) to paint it.

Now a smoker's house-that is a different story. That could be 5-10k
deduction for repriming/repainting every single surface.

On the other hand, a kitchen that needs replacement is not worth
negotiating over? We just did ours over for about 6k (ourselves-IKEA
cabinets), and probably could have done it ~1.5-2k cheaper, but we went
with some nicer stuff because we are using it. Nevertheless I know we
will get our money back when we sell, but that is our market.

When I was looking at houses recently, the FIRST thing I noticed was the
kitchen. If it was crappy, my interest in the house went WAY down. If it
was nice, I was more intrigued. IMHO a DIY kitchen done resonably well
will return the investment (depending on the market I suppose) and sell
the house easier/faster. Other problems will tend to get overlooked
easier if the kitchen pops out (Not by you, I suppose, but most people).
And most people do not want to go through a kitchen remodel. It is
stressful, a hassle, and very expensive when done professionally.

Maybe these "negotiations" fly in your market, where there is a glut of
houses on the market (?), but not in mine...

You must only buy new....