Andy Hill

"Matt" wrote:
Therefore, can we PLEASE CLOSE the discussion by all agreeing that if
he does not have a hot and a neutral, in the box where the switch is
located, he will not be able to have the kind of a switch where the
little cute neon light stays on all the time? But that he will be able
to use one of the switches that has a cute little neon light in it that
lights when the switch is on, provided of course that he has a bulb in
the fixture?

Well, to do my part to push this thread past the 50 post mark ---

Not quite. If there is no neutral in the box (a switchleg), then he will not be
able to (a) have a neon glow all the time, and (b) will not be able to have a
neon that is glowing when the switched conductor is energized, but (c) will be
able to have a neon glow when the switched conductor is not energized (as long
as there is a load).