Matt

I see God has forsaken me.

Again.

Alas, I will enter the frey.

We don't know what he has, in the box where the switch is located. The
phrase: 'a 2 wire system' is meaningless, and can be interpreted anyway
anyone wants to interpret it. For example, it could mean that he has 2
wires, and only 2 wires in the box where the switch is located. It
could mean he has sheathed cabling with no ground in it. It could mean
he lives in argentina, and his wires are really pipes, and he just got
done shooting a boar for the evening meal.

Therefore, can we PLEASE CLOSE the discussion by all agreeing that if
he does not have a hot and a neutral, in the box where the switch is
located, he will not be able to have the kind of a switch where the
little cute neon light stays on all the time? But that he will be able
to use one of the switches that has a cute little neon light in it that
lights when the switch is on, provided of course that he has a bulb in
the fixture?

PLEASE?