Cubby wrote:
Folks,
Thanks for the many replies and help.

It definitely seems odd that I grease the thing and it crashes. I

did
not use lithium grease as I have no manual for this thing. Hard to
believe a type of grease would cause this though.

There are no up/down adjustments other than the limit switches. I
might try to wipe all the grease off the screw this weekend and see
what happens. The thing is 13 years old so I wouldn't expect it to

die
but it's probably not worth investing a whole lot of time into

either.

I appreciate all the help.
Cheers,
cc

Yes too heavy of a grease will stop the screw from turning (especially
in cooler temperatures). Put a rag at the end of the rail by the
header, with the door opener disconnected have someone push & hold the
wall button while spaying the screw w/ WD 40. You should hear the screw
speed up as you are spraying the screw. Let run for a minute or so to
flush the grease. Re-grease w/ Lubriplate Low Temp grease.

If the WD 40 doesn't clean it enough, take opener down & lay on floor
upside down. Dump motor oil on the screw (put rag at end of screw
again) & run opener again.

If you put grease in the door track you may want to clean that out as
best as possible. Grease will collect dirt & dust & actually make the
door run worse. Rollers should be oiled w/ a lightweight oil (not WD
40) occasionally but the tracks do not really need lubrication.

Doordoc
www.DoorsAndOpeners.com