Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC

Default Toro 521 Snow Thrower has problem starting up

I have a Toro 521 Snow thrower model 38052. My problem is that my machine, needs to have me press
the Primer button every 2 seconds for over 5 minutes to let the machine start up. I know to have the
machine start with full choke and the machine on fast.

Is there something I can adjust so I don't have to do this. What happens is, if I don't do this, the
machine dies. However, it is easy to start and will continue to run, as long as I keep pressing the
Primer button.

The next problem is that after a while of running, it starts to need me to press the primer button
again, or it will stall. So I end up having to have the machine rest for an hour.

FYI, I have had this winterized every year, and this problem has been occurring for 2 years. I am
mad, because the repairman says, that since the problem does not occur in the warmer weather,
when I get it "pre-tuned" for season, that there is nothing I can do.

If I try to get it tuned in the cold weather, it could take weeks to get the machine back.

So my solution is to have someone tell me, if there is some how, a way to get more fuel to the
machine, so the Primer does not have to be pressed. I counted how many times it takes. It takes
over 300 times of pressing the Primer button to finally warm the machine up, so it will continue.

Thanks much,

Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC
Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP
Author of RECRUITSOURCE PEOPLESOFT EXAM and RECRUITSOURCE SAP/R3 EXAM

NOTE: To send me an email, remove TAKEOUT from my email address:

NOTE: My web home page:
www.seldin.net