Doc

"Harry Everhart" wrote
I am planning to spray paint my house with latex stain. That is what is
on it right now. I own a Sears compressor and a spray gun - but several
people told me that the "airless paint guns" do a better and easier job.
Can I spray latex stain with one of these guns? Has anyone completed an
entire house using this method?
I plan to pressure wash the house thoroughly and use a bleach/water
solution to clean off any mildew - etc - before I start painting.
I am newly retired and just bought this house in Tallahassee. The paint
is ok now - but some spots need work - I figure I will just try to pant
the whole house. I will stain it the same color - gray - I will take a
sample to Lowes and let them match it.
What kind of airless paint gun do you have - and how do you like it? I
plan on buying one for this job.

Do read up on how to pressure wash wood properly. Incorrect pressure or
nozzles can shred your siding. I would be more concerned with this than the
type of application to stain. Some say never pressure wash wood. Just food
for thought.