Travis Jordan

balboni wrote:
I have a clear view of both buildings. From what I understand, the
longer the range of an antenna, the narrower the angle of reception.
I would go for number 1 above because of the HDTV compatibility (don't
have a TV set yet, but plan to buy one in the future), but I don't
know if it would be hard to pick up the transmissions from both
buildings. I don't really want to get a rotator, because (I hate to
admit it) I switch channels quite often and I don't know if a rotator
is ideal for someone like that.

Does anyone have any suggestions for either one of the antennae?

You are very close to the TV transmitters, and you don't need much of an
antenna. The smaller antenna will do fine, will have the added benefit
of a wider beamwidth (you already know the advantage there) and will
work OK for HDTV. In general, there are no 'special' antennas for HDTV.
What you see on the box is marketing hype.

When you get it, enjoy your HD viewing!