Ross Mac

"Travis Jordan" wrote in message
Ross Mac wrote:
Thanks Travis....this is quite interesting....I will look around to
see them.....I'm over in Clermont....I think where the only hills in
Florida exist....Take Care, Ross

I was surprised when these 'protectors' starting showing up on new
construction here in the Tampa area. At first I thought they were
either rain gauge senders or maybe GPS antennas, but I couldn't figure
out why they were being installed so high up. On St. Pete Beach there
is one on a condo that must be 40 or 50 feet above the roof line. I
guess it needs to be that high to provide a zone of protection? Most of
the homes here have them in the center of the house about 15 feet or so
above the roof line. From an asthetic point of view they probably
aren't as nice looking as a collection of simple roof mounted rods, but
then maybe the improved protection would be worth it. If you were a
ham radio operator or a scanner buff I suppose you could mount a small
yagi on the side of the pole and have a dual-use structure.

Let us know what you decide to do.

This system looks great to me. I will have to check if I can put one of
these things up, since I live on a golf course, they have a big ole set of
rules as you can imagine...but hey, thanks so much for the great info and I
will post after I contact them....thanks again, Ross