HorneTD

Ross Mac wrote:
I live out here in Central Florida, lightning capitol of the country, and
want to install some lightning protection. I have googled around and
listened to the home shows. Was wondering if any of you folks out there have
any suggestions on what to buy or not to buy....thanks in advance....Ross

Ross
Materials are not the big issue. Installation practices are the snake
in that brush and it is poisonous. Do a reasonable amount of research
and you will be able to answer your own materials questions. Some of
the issues you will want to be up to speed on on are; side flash, common
system bonding, and secondary damage caused by installation. If you do
not learn these and other issues and the effective techniques to abate
them you may make your situation worse rather than better.

In defiance of conventional DIY wisdom that anyone can do the job with a
few paragraphs of advice from Usenet or a magazine article I will warn
you that having a fully effective lightning protection system will take
a serious investment on your part. You can either invest the large
amount of time that is necessary to learn the fundamentals of system
installation or you can invest the larger amount of money to have it
done by folks who have already done the training. To put it another way
you can have it cheap, fast, good, but you can only have two of them in
any given job.
--
Tom H