SQLit

"Harry Everhart" wrote in message
I am planning to spray paint my house with latex stain. That is what is
on it right now. I own a Sears compressor and a spray gun - but several
people told me that the "airless paint guns" do a better and easier job.
Can I spray latex stain with one of these guns? Has anyone completed an
entire house using this method?
I plan to pressure wash the house thoroughly and use a bleach/water
solution to clean off any mildew - etc - before I start painting.
I am newly retired and just bought this house in Tallahassee. The paint
is ok now - but some spots need work - I figure I will just try to pant
the whole house. I will stain it the same color - gray - I will take a
sample to Lowes and let them match it.
What kind of airless paint gun do you have - and how do you like it? I
plan on buying one for this job.

I bought a 3/4 hp Campbell-Mansfield some years ago. I personally have run
over 400 gallons through it, friends and family more.

You need to match the paint to the orifice on the gun. And you may need to
dilute the paint a bit. For latex I use about a gallon of clean water to
five gallons paint.

Prep is very important after you pressure wash it is time to scrape. Gad I
hate scraping.
Good blue 3/4" masking tape and a taping machine help.

Clean up of the sprayer is very important. I run 5 gallons of water through
mine then prime it with paint thinner. I have to run 5 gallons of water
through it when I want to use it again cause of the thinner. Keeps the pump
and stuff much cleaner than if you follow C-H directions which caused my
first rebuild