Nigel Heather wrote:

as it is I'm
going to have a go myself.

Good. Make sure youve got a camera to hand - well, just in case, ya
never know Seriously, the solution to cockups is fairly simple: know
they occasionally happen, and just regard them as one more job to do if
they do.

Removing a rad isnt hard really. Ahem, I havent done it myself, but...
its what they say

I mean, what can go wrong? (grinning & thinking of the FAQ self
uninstalling water heater...)

I missed the best photo opportunity one time. An outside drain was
flooded near where I live, and for some mysterious reason there was a
bog seat lying amid the flooding, with a note taped to it saying 'out
of order'.

NT