John Hardaker

"Howie" wrote in message
Hi,

Would appreciate a bit of advice as I've never bought one of
these before. I'm looking for something like a 20GB player which
will play MP3 files (not something which converts MP3s to it's
own format).

A decent battery life (10 hours) is important and an FM tuner
would be a bit of an advantage too. (Not essential though).

Can anyone give me some initial advice on brand and/or a
recommended online seller?

TIA (as always).

H.

I was quite interested in this topic as I also have been thinking of buying
an MP3 player. There may be a feeling that this subject is out of topic; if
that is the case where else could one post to? Plusnet Social Chat is dead,
with only one message from January showing while other groups seem to be
just as inactive. Is there a list somewhere of newsgroups and what they are
intended for and how to get at them? I have only news.plus.com and don't
really know how to get anything else.
Always willing to learn.
Why aren't unused groups closed?