Default Dyson upright vacuum cleaner problem

I have Dyson DC07 upright vacuum cleaner and a couple of days ago i
was using it and heard a weird sound and smelt a weird mechanical
burning smell and noticed the brush bar wasnt spinning around. I spoke
to dyson and someone else and they mentioned it could be a faulty
clutch. I put a new clutch in and the same problem exsists.

Could it be possible that it is the motor at fault although it does
spin around is it possible that it is not spinning fast enough to
drive the cluch belt.

Thanks in advance.

du.