Rumpty

While there are some decent stainable wood filers, they will rarely accept
the
stain the same as the wood.

Famowood does.

--

Rumpty

"GerryG" wrote in message
While there are some decent stainable wood filers, they will rarely accept

the
stain the same as the wood. Firstly, are these nail holes, or something

much
bigger/longer? Assuming nails, I'd stain and apply at least enough finish

seal the wood. Then take some sawdust and a little glue. I split it into a

few
samples, and add different amounts of the stain used, then let dry. Pick

the
one that best matches the finished dresser. Fill each hole and wipe with a
damp sponge, then again with a clean part of the sponge. The finish will
prevent it from sticking. If it doesn't level to the surface, repeat when

dry.
It can then be touched up with finish if needed, or the final coat of

finish
can be applied.

As it happened, I used Golden Oak about 2 years ago on a window molding

and
sill, and you can't easily find the nail holes.
GerryG

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 18:44:39 -0500, "Dick Snyder"
wrote:

I am making a dresser out of oak (plywood and solid) . I will be using a
Golden Oak stain on it before sealing it. I need to fill in a few places
with wood filler. Does anyone have a stainable wood filler that they
particularly like?

TIA.

Dick Snyder