Waynemak

I have both the 4" and 6". Most of the time I use the 4". I have had it for
6 months and its work perfect. I paid $13.99 not to bad. the 4" seems to be
smoother than the 6", I had my brother pick up 2 of the 6" at a one day
sale, $8.99 each.
"Wild Bill" wrote in message
I just got a new HF CEN-TECH 4" caliper, and noticed that it even has a SPC
port.
The recent sales flyer has them priced at $14.99 item # 47256-6RFH.
The inch readout is in thousandths with a 5 tenths indicator.
My gages show that the accuracy is good over the full 4" range, and the
metric measurement is a little low at 101.60mm reading 101.58mm (so I
guess
I'll have to remember to use some .015mm shim for measurements over 70mm).

The slide is a little stiff, but if it doesn't loosen up with use, I might
back off the tension screws just a wee bit (hopefully not enough to cause
slop and counting errors).
There isn't a thumbwheel for slide positioning, just a ribbed thumb pad.
A spare battery and a padded hard plastic case are included. It has an
auto-shutoff feature.

I'm a little surprised that it holds the zero set even after shutting it
off. Also, it will auto-start/power-on when you pick it up and move the
slide, and still hold the zero set.. kinda cool.
It also does instant in/mm conversions, which is my main interest in this
digital (don't have a metric dial). Metric screws and nuts aren't too
difficult to recognize, but shafts and other parts trip me up frequently
enough to have to fetch the calculator often. A wall chart would suffice
for
looking up sizes, but it's not practical for wrapping around a part to
take
a measurement.

The main drawback is that the LCD display is so small, but WTH, it's the
4"
version.
Giant 5mm digits, easy to read with almost any microscope or 3 diopter
lens.
The jaw depth is a little over 1" so it can accomodate diameter
measurements
of about 2-1/4"

This point can't be stressed enough, but they didn't print it directly on
the caliper..
Always wear ANSI approved safety goggles when using this tool.

WB

News==----
Newsgroups
=----