chester

I put laminate in my last kitchen. Then we had a leak under the sink. Ended
up removing it an putting down tile.

Your fooling yourself at a buck a foot for the flooring. You still need a
membrane and the pad. Check the direction for installation. My pad was $0.50
a foot on sale when I bought my flooring. Do you own or can borrow an
accurate tablesaw and miter saw?
I purchased a 10 inch Dewalt for my project. I already own a power miter
saw.

I had some laminate (Pergo) in a small room, and had a leak, and the
stuff swelled up and buckeled like crazy. I think the stuff is just
terrible in general, and in particular for any application that risks
wetness. I dont think it looks very good either. And my stuff wasnt
cheap. It ended up being as expensive as real wood flooring. If I wnated
to go with a prefinished product, I would go with a ~Bruce wood flooring
product (i.e. prefinished wood floors), or if that would be too thick an
application, tile is a great surface for a kitchen.