nospambob

Can't speak to water based Polyu stains but I've had great success
using TransTint dyes in water based lacquer. The dyes can be mixed
with a number of liquids and are very versatile. Check them out at
www.homesteadfinishing.com

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 17:07:31 -0500, "Robert11"
wrote:

Hello:

Many years go, I coated a simple plywood top workbench with
a polyurethane stain. Has worn like iron.

Am putting together another similar workbench, and I see now that they
(also) have water based polyurethane stains
available.

Would be nice not to have the odor when applying the stuff.

Are these as good as the non-water based (old) variety ?

Pros and cons ?

Thanks,
Bob