Jeff Wisnia

James "Cubby" Culbertson wrote:

Ok. Here is a bit more information. See below please. Thx.

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message

Quite a conundrum, but you really didn't give us much information to go
on.

1. Is the door open or closed now?

The door is closed. Under it's own power, it went up. Under it's own
power, it won't go down. I disconnected the door from
the rail and manually closed it for the night. Moved just fine when I
lowered it.

2. Did you disengage the door from the opener traveler while greasing
things? If you did, did you reengage it correctly?

I did not disengage the door while greasing.

2. Did you try disengaging the door from the traveler, and see that it
moves freely by hand and "balances" about half way up?

Yes, and it does move freely.

If the door is disengaged from the traveler and closed, will the traveler
run along it's track when you push the button?

No. Push the button and a bit of noise for a brief moment and then
nothing.

3. What kind of grease did you use, and is there any possibility (unlikely
as it seems) that if it's very cold in the garage that grease stiffened
enough to gum things up?

I just used ordinary automotive grease. I can see the stuff on the
tracks/screw and it's
definitely not stiffened up. It's not that cold here at the moment (rained
last night).

Next:

1. If you stand (on something) so that you can see the screw when
someone else pushes the button, is there any movement of the screw while
it's making that "noise"?

2. Did the greasing possibly free things up enought so that the door
moved a bit further up than it used to and let the traveler jam up
against whatever it might hit at the back end of the track? Can you
wiggle it a bit in its present location, or does it seem "stuck"?

If that happens to be it, then using a wrench or something to rotate the
screw in the right direction to free the traveler and then resetting the
"up limit" on the opener so it won't do that again may be all it takes.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)