Mark & Juanita

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 08:15:08 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 20:53:22 -0700, the inscrutable Mark & Juanita
spake:

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 05:57:25 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

http://www.io.com/~colca/Home_Furnit..._casework.html

You're right, Leon. Those are really nicely designed.

Agreed, but it's more decorative, more of a G&G + Roycroft influence.

Maybe it's just me, but I find the Treter Buffet
http://www.io.com/~colca/Home_Furniture/_Casework/Tretter_Buffet/tretter_buffet.html
to be pretty much gluteous ugly.

I think I'd like it better in fumed white oak. It's reminiscent of the
Liberty sideboard which I liked but wouldn't want in my home. This is
similar: http://archive.liveauctioneers.com/a.../1027_1_md.jpg

Man, Larry, going from bad to worse. I'm sure the craftsmanship is
outstanding, but nothing on that piece flows well. The base looks like a
reasonably elegant tapered piece was trying to grow, but got crushed by a
falling flat table with a shelf on top of it before the base had a chance
to mature.

---
- Sarcasm is just one more service we offer. -
http://diversify.com Web Applications

The absence of accidents does not mean the presence of safety
Army General Richard Cody