Vic Baron

"AndyB" wrote in message

I come to the oracles seeking the wisdom of the ages.

(heh)

More specifically.... I am planning on moving in a few months and I want
some advice on moving my larger stationary tools.

Can I trust a regular moving company to move power tools with precision
surfaces/mechanisms? I am most concerned about my planer, jointer,
contractor style table saw, and band saw. I also have a floor standing
drill press.

I just completed the same task. Table saw, router table, dust collector,
jointer, bandsaw and lots of cabinets and hand tools. Talked to several
moving companies and decided on one that specialized in piano moving.
Smartest move I made! Not only are they adept and handling VERY heavy items,
there are trained to be very careful. Bumping a piano can torque the frame
and there goes the tuning.

Long story short - only caution I gave them was not to lift the tablesaw by
the extension fence. After the move, I checked the alignment of all the
tolls and they were as good ( or bad) as when I started.

Good luck -

Vic