Sandie C

Default Jointer Rigid or X5

Hi WW Guru's
I need some input please. I was looking into buying the delta X5 6" jointer
thinking it had a $100 rebate, well it kinda does, but you have to buy $250
worth of other delta goodies, now this would be great if I had that kind of
money. So here is my question, how does the Ridgid 6" jointer HD for $349
stack up to this and others? I am a newbie/intermediate woodworker and this
is my first venture into starting with rough cut lumber, I already own a
dewalt DW733 planer. Anyhow any input will be gratefully accepted.
thanks
Sandie