TaskMule

"AndyB" wrote in message

I come to the oracles seeking the wisdom of the ages.

(heh)

More specifically.... I am planning on moving in a few months and I want
some advice on moving my larger stationary tools.

Can I trust a regular moving company to move power tools with precision
surfaces/mechanisms? I am most concerned about my planer, jointer,
contractor style table saw, and band saw. I also have a floor standing
drill press.

Can a regular mover handle these ok?
Are there special moving companies?
Is it really worth begging my friends to lug heavy metal for me?

Any and all advice appreciated. I have never done this before. Last time I
moved was BWW (before woodworking) and my tools fit in a couple of
cardboard boxes. How time flies and shops fill up.

AndyB

Many moving companys (not all) have problems moving simple furniture much
less shop tools.
I'd strongly suggest NOT going with the lowest price for movers, unless you
want everything held for ransom for months on end by a private trucker.
Go with the most reputable mover you can get, someone with their own trucks.
Be sure to tell them exactly what tools wil be involved, everything should
go well.