doozer

The silicone grease I used to use, for high vacuum work, was completely
colourless so I presume you could add additives to make it any colour
you wanted.

Graham

Jock. wrote:
On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 14:33:10 GMT, Lobster wrote:

s--p--o--n--i--x wrote:

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 11:05:11 GMT, Lobster
wrote:

Guess who put a heatsink down on a fabric-covered chair, forgetting that
the underside would be liberally buttered in this truly *evil* stuff.
What on earth will dissolve it without taking the chair with it?

Is it silicone grease or the white zinc heatsink compound?

Well, it's a white paste, and although it was me that originally applied
it, a long time ago, I haven't a clue what it's made of. Does 'white'
mean it must be zinc not silicone (and therefore I shouldn't try white
spirit?!)

If it's white then it's heatsink compound. Silicone grease is grey
and jelly-like. You're unlikely to find silicone grease on a heatsink
these days.

Jock.