John

"wb" wrote in message
On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 11:59:40 +0000, wb
wrote:

When due to come on, there is the sound of the pressure jets working
but no ignition. Oil tank was low on fuel, so I disconnected flexible
fuel pipe at filter and stuck it into 5 gal container of 35 sec -
makes no difference. (It's in an outhouse!) Any ideas?

Just pulled the burner out a little; no fuel coming out the nozzle so
my first suspicions are air lock or blocked nozzle.
What's the best way to bleed and should I attempt to remove the nozzle
- there doesn't seem to be enough space for a socket wrench?
regards

Weve been down this road recently so I suggest you google for oil boiler.
Also please note 35 second fuel is significantly more trouble to ignite than
28 so a kerosine burner will most likely give you starting up trouble anyway
if you try to burn 35.
If you really can't get anywhere try us again but with some details of
boiler and burner