Ian Stirling

In uk.d-i-y Jock. wrote:
On 25 Feb 2005 13:25:28 GMT, Ian Stirling wrote:

In uk.d-i-y Lobster wrote:
Guess who put a heatsink down on a fabric-covered chair, forgetting that
the underside would be liberally buttered in this truly *evil* stuff.
What on earth will dissolve it without taking the chair with it?

White spirit will act as a solvent for silicone sealant (before it
sets).
I don't know how it will act with silicone grease.

Heatsink compound isn't silicone grease, it's much more sticky
and evil than that!

I think it is.
It's a very stiff silicone grease, loaded with zinc-oxide (or other heat
conductive shimming stuff).
Or at least it was in the past, I'm sure I read it on the side of a 20ml
tube that the label has now fallen off of.