Mike Marlow

"Tim Douglass" wrote in message

Statistically, the USPS is one of the most reliable delivery services
in the world. They lose a far smaller percentage of the items
entrusted to them than UPS does, for example.

Very true about the volume Tim, but there is more to reliability than just
delivery. My wife just received something for my daughter that was shipped
USPS. It was raining on the day that the mailman delivered the item. The
mailman put the item in a plastic bag and hung it on the outside of the
mailbox, open end up so that it collected the rain. It ruined the contents.
My wife went to the PO and sought remedy and was promptly informed, with all
of the disinterest that only a postal employee can display, that the PO is
only required to deliver the goods, not ensure their condition. Now that is
what I consider to be unreliable. Why bother? If it has any value we use
UPS or Fed Exp. The Post Office just does not care and you're SOL when they
screw your stuff up. But... they delivered, as promised...
--

-Mike-