charlie b

Matthew Whyte wrote:

I've got a DW621 which I'm generally very pleased with. (BTW thanks for
everyone's help on this a while back). However, I find that the side
fence is kinda lame - I know it has the dust extraction, but I think
that compromises the stability and overall usefulness of it.

I'd rather have a fully-cast fence for it. Does anyone knof of a
replacement that fits? The one that comes with the Trend T5 looks OK,
but I'm not sure if it's the same fit...

TIA, Matthew

I'm a little confused - fence/dust collection/stability.

But if you're looking for a precision edge guide - one
that will let you adjust the bit position relative to
an edge, straight or curved, this one will do it. He
has a part that connects it to a DW621 cause I've
got it (and it works as advertised) Ain't cheap
but things that are built this well and work this
well seldom are.

http://www.microfence.com/

charlie b
ps - if you ever decide to put your DW621 in a
router table and want to use it's fine height
adjuster then have a look at the DooHickey
http://home.comcast.net/~charliebcz/DW621DooHickey.html