Charles Spitzer

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
news
In article , Renata
wrote:
Where in the Constitution does it say one of the jobs of our military
is to bring freedom and democracy to the rest of the world?

I suppose the case could be made that spreading freedom "promote[s] the
common
defence". There's room for an interesting discussion on that subject, to
be
sure. The Constitution does specify that the President is
Commander-in-Chief
of the nation's military, and it places little restriction on his exercise
of
that role.

except for declaring war, which congress has to do.

--
Regards,