tomd

Default cutting welded rebar

I need to remove 100 feet of 1/4" flat plate that is attached to my
shop floor. Every foot the plate is attached to the floor with 1/2"
rebar that is welded in the center of the plate. When the shop floor
was poured, the pieces of rebar were concreted in and stuck 1/2" above
the slab. Then the 1/4" plate was drilled every foot for the rebar,
laid down flat on the slab, and welded. To remove it I've considered
using a 7" grinder(very slow), trying to use a torch at an
angle(difficult since the plate is solid against the concrete) and
using a gouging electrode and a prybar. Any and all might work, but
I'm sure open to some better ideas.