Robin S.

If that be the case, I owe you an apology--and you have it here.

I appriciate you saying that. Further, I appologize for not making myself
clear enough and for *pushing* when (we know now) there was certianly no
reason.

I had no
way of knowing that such a statement had been made at any time by Cliff.
I've never read anything that indicated he knows the slightest thing about
machining,

Cliff, I think, is something of a sport hunter. On occation things related
to manufacturing bubble to the surface, but the signal to noise ratio can be
a turn-off.

I've worked
hard for my knowledge and the respect I've earned and don't appreciate
anyone making light of it. After all, some of us don't have all that
much
we've accomplished in our lifetime, and don't like what little we have
accomplished belittled. Surely you can understand that.

I certainly understand it. I think I'm too young to take that point of view
as my own, however.

You can dislike me all you want, but you'll come to understand that when I
speak of machining, it's not conjecture.

I don't dislike you at all. I don't dislike anyone here either. Also, I
don't question your knowledge or experience. You have more than proven
yourself to anyone who reads this forum habitually.

I view relationships within this group as I do relationships at work. Some
people I tolerate, others I enjoy working with. I enjoy reading your posts
as there's almost always something of value. Not many here can say that
about their posts (me included).

I've "been there, done that" and
know what I'm talking about, although you may find circumstances may make
things different for some situations and my experience may not apply.

I think that's one of the few things I am certain of in metalworking.

For
sure, however, when it comes to centerless grinding, there is no doubt in
my
mind that they are capable of holding a few millionths in the hands of one
qualified. That was and is my point. If you understand why rigid hones
make round holes out of tapered and irregular holes, you will then
understand why a centerless makes parts round, *so long as they are not
operated on center*, which is easy to do if one changes part size but not
blade height. That won't make sense to you until you get your hands
dirty
on the machine.

I think I'll have to take your word for it. I don't know anyone else who has
run a centerless grinder.

Robin, I'm more than willing to get along with anyone and everyone.
However, they must have a similar desire. You and I haven't really
gotten
along in the many years I've frequented this forum, and you've made it
abundantly clear you have no desire to do so now.

Well, in a way your right. I don't actively try to get along with anyone
here. I see this forum as a place to get and give (more of the former)
information. I do try not to be rude (although I'm not always successful) as
this is a courtesy I extend to any person I do not know (wherever I happen
to interact with them).

That might also help you
understand my comments previously. I'm old enough to be your grandfather,
but you seem to see me as nothing more than some dude your age whom you
don't like. Had you shown me a modicum of respect through the years, my
attitude towards you would be far different from what it is.

I don't believe I have an attitude towards you and I find it unfortunate
that you read a post in a certain light just because it is marked with my
name. This is not a dig, just my perspective.

How you hold your mouth may make the difference. :-)

I can tell how hard a friend of mine is working because of how his tounge
moves (outside his mouth, of course) as he's operating a machine or tool.
I'm surprised it doesn't get burnt when he's using a facemill...

Regards,

Robin