Ed Huntress

"Terry" wrote in message
oups.com...
I received the diamond tip turning tool yesterday, and it worked great.
I was able to turn down the diameter of a couple of magnets with a
perfect finish and no chipping.

Thanks for all the suggestions and help.

I'm glad that worked out for you, Terry. Unless the ceramic gives the
diamond a major workout, it should last you a long time. I have one I found
7 or 8 years ago, unused and lying in a trash can (no kidding), that I pull
out when I have to turn fiberglass and carbon-fiber composites, mostly
ferrule pieces for flyrods. It's great for that and it shows no signs of
wear, even under high magnification. At this rate, it will last the rest of
my life.

--
Ed Huntress