Absinthe

Yes, I do have a propane torch.

Looks like a no-go on the wood bandsaw Hmm, think it may be a time to
step back and slow down a little. Space will be at a premium, and I don't
really want to give up my woodworking capabilities.

I believe I will have to add these abilities slower, perhaps focusing on
hand tools and *small* machines at first.

wrote in message
oups.com...
The blade speed has to be much slower for metal. About 100 fpm. Some
saws have a way to switch to metal speeds. Some saws have been
modified to have slow speeds for metal. At your slowest wood speed,
you may be able to cut aluminum.
Metal vertical bandsaws are generally more rigid than ones made for
wood.

Do you have a propane torch and some silver solder? With that you can
braze bandsaw blades together from stock material.

Dan