The blade speed has to be much slower for metal. About 100 fpm. Some
saws have a way to switch to metal speeds. Some saws have been
modified to have slow speeds for metal. At your slowest wood speed,
you may be able to cut aluminum.
Metal vertical bandsaws are generally more rigid than ones made for
wood.

Do you have a propane torch and some silver solder? With that you can
braze bandsaw blades together from stock material.

Dan

Absinthe wrote:
Ok, the bandsaw keeps coming up. Which raises the question: I already

have a
bandsaw.. for woodwork. Can I just buy a special blade for it to cut

metal?