pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Gunner
wrote back on Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:31:26 GMT
in misc.survivalism :

States may set their own speed limits. States may NOT interfere with
the 1st Amendment and set up a mandated state religion for example.

I'll argue this one, but as a moot case. At the time of the signing,
11 of the 13 had an "established" church (meaning the state acted as usher
and vestry/board of deacons/"the folks who sign the checks", as well as
requiring membership for some elected offices.). Nowadays, I think the
lesson has been learned that having the state involved in running churches
is a bad thing. And vice versa.
But at the Federal Level, well, better no established church than the
wrong church. (And you know as well as I, were Congress to get into the
establishing a particular denomination, Congress would get that wrong too.)

Each state is a sovereign individual, in a union with other states.
The agreement of all the states who wish to be in the union is the
following of the Constitution and the BOR.

Quite simple. Very clear. No ambiguity.

If it were not so...no state would have its own contract with its
citizens...state constitutions.

Amen. Err ... "what he said."

There are still elements of "I don't care how they do it in New York,
this isn't New York!" "For which we can all be grateful."

--
pyotr filipivich