Andy Hall

Default Combi-Boiler Choice- ?Alpha any good

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 22:10:57 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

Read what I wrote above. It is clear.

With your writings, clarity is not a description
that I would use all that much.

You don't read properly. I am very clear.

Transparent in fact...

You can put them both together One,or both, can go at the back of the
airing cupboard, still releasing tons of space by the redundant

cylinder.

... needing a gas supply to be run there.....

Great thing eh!

It all adds to the cost.

Not much

Uh huh.

Nonsense again. No zone valves of any
sort would be in the system, either
externally or in the combi's. This make the
system as whole far more
reliable, with built-in redundancy.

What you are describing does not
equate to redundancy. You are
talking about a boiler per zone for heating
and hot water. Since you have described
these as being autonomous systems because of lack
of zone valves, it is not redundant in the least.

You will have heat in the house if one fails.

That is not redundancy.

Redundancy would happen if both
boilers were plumbed together in such
a way that one would take over from the
other in the event of failure

That can be dow by linking them up and having a full bore valve on the link.
One down turn it on by the valve and both are pumpoing into both rad
circuits. Cheap and simple.

Which involves links in the pipework between circuits etc....

Having HW and heating available in
only part of the house is not
redundancy, it's impaired service - not
the same thing at all..

Better than no heat at all. Simple to link them up. See above.

Why bother?

It's much more sensible just to buy good quality components and done
with it.

This solution is the one in question. You clearly cannot assess such a
system in cost, functionality and simplicity.

As you point out, it isn't rocket science.

However, as always, you are glossing over the details that will make
this harebrain scheme somewhat pointless.

I grew out of that attitude before my tenth birthday,

You must still be under 10 then.

I wish....

Read what I wrote again.
Read about the system and its advantages in:

- space saving,

compared to what? Certainly not one boiler.

snip garbage

You clearly haven't a clue and lack simple analytical skills. Which is sad.

I tend to be more left brained.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl