Brian Elfert

Silvan writes:

J. Clarke wrote:

The miracle here is that the USPS managed to locate Canada.

I can do one better. I once mailed a postcard to Slovenia, and they
actually got it there. I still don't know where the hell Slovenia is.
Score one for the USPS. Their overall average is still pretty dismal
though. Strains of why are we funding an incompetent operation to compete
with our own private industries in the first place.

How exactly is the USPS taxpayer subsidized these days?

According to USPS.com, 1982 was the last year for taxpayer subsidies. The
federal government certainly pays for mail delivery, but they have to pay
someone to do it.

Brian Elfert