Gunner

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 08:14:30 -0500, "Absinthe"
wrote:

I have been doing a fair amount of woodwork, and am considering doing a bit
more metalwork. Any hand tools or small machines that you love/can't live
without?

I know this is a broad question, and should probably bring about counter
response like "Depends on what you want to make." I think I just want to be
able to do the most that I can as I learn the necessary skills. I have no
specific projects in mind, though I guess things involving bending and
shaping will be most difficult without some sort of aid.

For now, I have lots of files, a dremmel, and a bench grinder. I have been
considering either picking up a micro-mill or perhaps a cross slide vise to
use on my drill press. Any advise or suggestions are welcomed.

A lathe.

You can turn things on it, and you may mill things on it. You may
drill things on it.

A mill and a separate lathe is prefered....but

Gunner

Rule #35
"That which does not kill you,
has made a huge tactical error"