George E. Cawthon

chester wrote:
I totally understand. That is why I said it "seemed fair". It still
seemed expensive (to me) for what they had to do, but I realize they
have to travel, carry insurance, have expenses, etc. Hey, I scheduled
them at that cost, and was totally happy to do so. They just didnt show
up....

Ed wrote:

You seem to be getting a lot of crap without
having done anything to deserve it. I would put
soapy water on your fittings to test them, but if
you were careful they are probably ok.

As for the cost, if you know how to do anything in
plumbing, you will save a bundle doing it
yourself. I've heard of people that can't do
anything and always have a plumber fix any problem
including putting a new washer in tap. Doing that
yourself will take less than 10 minutes and a 25
cent washer. Like you, I'm not criticizing the
cost of a home call by a plumber, just pointing
out that the cost is enormous compared to what a
homeowner would pay if the homeowner does it. The
same, of course, applies to electrical and
mechanical repairs. Or, for example 15 minutes to
replace a $4 gas filter on a vehicle instead of
paying $25 plus a $15 charger for the filter at a
dealership. My time has never been worth $200 or
so per hour, but for some that is peanuts so they
never do their own repairs.